Tuesday 19 September 2023

“Why I pray before going on stage to perform” – Ruger

Nigerian artist, Michael Adebayo Olayinka, widely known as Ruger, opened up about the spiritual and physical rituals he employs before gracing the stage.

The artiste discussed how he combines fasting, prayer, and exercise to prepare his mind, spirit, body, and soul for each performance.

He shed light on his meticulous pre-show routine.

“Before I kick off my America tour, I used to go to Eko Atlantic and run like four times, get back into my car and go home. So, it helps my energy. I make sure I ate well, slept well. Prayer too. Fasting and prayer just to be prepared spiritually,” he revealed.

I’m a Christian. I pray even before I go on stage to perform. It is just work. We are allowed to party. It’s just like I’m partying. I’m not a bad person. The fact that I dance with girls on stage doesn’t mean I’m a bad person.”

Addressing concerns about the nature of his performances, Ruger clarified that his team takes measures to ensure the age appropriateness of those joining him on stage.

“Before I bring any girl on stage, my team checks to make sure they are above 21,” he added.

The post “Why I pray before going on stage to perform” – Ruger appeared first on tooXclusive.



from tooXclusive https://ift.tt/4QZGN7D

No comments:

Post a Comment